Do I Need Home Thermostat Replacement?
Without a functioning thermostat, your HVAC system is of little or no use. Whether you’re looking to replace a broken thermostat or hoping to upgrade to a new, smart thermostat, Feder is here to help! Contact us or call 507-642-3522 today to replace your thermostat.
Part thermometer, when set, your thermostat will automatically trigger your home’s heating and cooling system to bring your home to your desired temperature. A properly functioning home thermostat will:
- Keep your friends and family warm
- Keep your home’s pipes from bursting
- Save you money on your energy bills
Want to DIY?
Replacing your home’s thermostat with either a standard or smart model requires the following steps:
- Shut off the power to your home’s existing thermostat from the circuit breaker or power panel.
- Carefully disconnect the old thermostat from the wall. (Remove the cover panel and unscrew any brackets.)
- Gently pull the existing thermostat away from the wall so that the wire connections to the thermostat are visible on the back side of the unit.
- Remove the electric power supply and label the wires. (This is especially important if the wires are not color coded.) Be careful to keep the wires from falling back into the wall.
- Thread the wires through the new thermostat’s mounting plate.
- Mount the mounting plate using the included hardware.
- Attach the wires to the back of the thermostat according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Click or slide the unit into place on its mount.
- Program the unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Smart Thermostat Installation
Before you choose to install a smart home thermostat, make sure that your home’s HVAC system and existing wiring are compatible with smart home technology. To use a smart home thermostat, your home must have these features:
- An HVAC system that is defined as “low voltage,” or “24v”
- A C-wire to provide a steady stream of power to the new unit
- A steady Wi-Fi connection
Feder Thermostat Replacement and Smart Thermostat Installation
DIY thermostat replacement isn’t your thing? We don’t blame you! Contact the HVAC experts at your local Feder for fast, reliable, and affordable thermostat replacement services. From wiring to programming, our technicians will help you breathe easy.
|Contact us today at 507-642-3522|
Have an HVAC emergency? Call 507-642-3522 for 24/7 emergency service.
Breathe Easy with Feder
You want to know what you are getting yourself into when you schedule service. We price by the job, not by the hour.
We are there when it is convenient for you. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
No Overtime Charge
We have the same low pricing, any time of the day or night and on weekends or holidays.
“Fixed Right” Promise
We understand that you want the issue to be fixed – and fixed right. We promise it’ll be fixed right the first time, or it’s free.